wasnt for your kids?

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 03.12.2019 02:14
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- Richard Sherman did a CenturyLink Leap. Golden Tate grabbed a 12th Man flag and circled the field with it. Even team owner Paul Allen made an appearance and gave a victory speech. The Seattle Seahawks are headed to the Big Apple for the Super Bowl. "To see all our work that we put in -- the mornings, the nights, the weights, all your life, as a young player and in the NFL," Malcolm Smith said after his end zone interception with 22 seconds remaining clinched the 23-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday. "Its amazing." Seattles top-ranked defence forced three fourth-quarter turnovers, and Russell Wilson threw a 35-yard touchdown pass on fourth down for the winning points. Seattle will meet Denver (15-3) for the NFL title in two weeks in the New Jersey Meadowlands. Its the first trip to the big game for the Seahawks (15-3) since they lost to Pittsburgh after the 2005 season. The conference champs had the best records in the league this year, the second time the top seeds have gotten to the Super Bowl in 20 seasons. It also is a classic confrontation of Denvers record-setting offence led by Peyton Manning against the NFLs stingiest defence. Denver opened as a 1-point favourite over Seattle on the Glantz-Culver Line. "It will be a great matchup," coach Pete Carroll said. "I think its an extraordinary opportunity to go against a guy that set all the records in the history of the game." Moments after Sherman tipped Colin Kaepernicks pass to Smith for the interception, the All-Pro cornerback jumped into the stands behind the end zone, saluting the Seahawks raucous fans. With 12th Man flags waving everywhere, and "New York, New York" blaring over the loudspeakers, CenturyLink Field rocked like never before. "Thats as sweet as it gets," said Sherman, who also went into several rants about 49ers wideout Michael Crabtree, whom he called a "sorry receiver." "This is really special," added Carroll, who has turned around the Seahawks in four seasons in charge. "It would really be a mistake to not remember the connection and the relationship between this football team and the 12th Man and these fans. Its unbelievable." San Francisco (14-5) led 17-13 when Wilson, given a free play as Aldon Smith jumped offside, hurled the ball to Jermaine Kearse, who made a leaping catch in the end zone. Steven Hauschka then kicked his third field goal following Kam Chancellors pick, and Smith intercepted in the end zone on the 49ers final possession. "This feels even sweeter, with the amazing support we have had from the 12th Man," Allen said, comparing this Super Bowl trip to the previous one. Until Seattles top-ranked defence forced a fumble and had two interceptions in the final period, the game was marked by big offensive plays in the second half. That was somewhat shocking considering the strength of both teams defences. And those plays came rapidly. Marshawn Lynch, in full "Beast Mode," ran over a teammate and then outsped the 49ers to the corner of the end zone for a 40-yard TD, making it 10-10. Kaepernick then was responsible for consecutive 22-yard gains, hitting Crabtree, then rushing to the Seattle 28. His fumble on the next play was recovered by centre Jonathan Goodwin, who even lumbered for 2 yards. Anquan Boldin outleapt All-Pro safety Earl Thomas on the next play for a 26-yard touchdown. Then, Doug Baldwin, who played for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Stanford, stepped up -- and through San Franciscos coverage -- on a scintillating 69-yard kickoff return that made the stadium shake for the first time all day. That set up Hauschkas 40-yard field goal. And a frantic finish. Seattle took its first lead on Wilsons throw to Kearse with 13:44 left, and CenturyLink rocked again. The place went silent soon after when Niners All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman sustained an ugly left knee injury midway and was carted off. Bowman, who was having a huge game, had forced a fumble at the San Francisco 1, but Lynch recovered. "I never heard him yell like that, or even stay down for a moment," teammate Patrick Willis said of Bowman. The Seahawks had gotten their first turnover moments earlier when Cliff Avril stripped Kaepernick and Michael Bennett recovered. But Lynch and Wilson botched a handoff on fourth down on the play after Bowmans injury. It took only two plays for Chancellor to haul in Kaepernicks underthrow to Boldin, and Hauschkas 47-yarder ended the scoring. But not the excitement. Kaepernick, who rushed for 130 yards, got San Francisco to the Seattle 18 with his arm. But his pass for Crabtree was brilliantly tipped by Sherman to Smith. "We knew it would come down to us in the back end to win this thing," Sherman said. The final play was similar to last years Super Bowl ending, when Kaepernick missed Crabtree in the end zone from the 5 and Baltimore survived. "Its tough. Any time you get this close to the Super Bowl and lose, its pretty upsetting," tight end Vernon Davis said. "We just didnt get it. Weve been down this road before in the same kind of situation. Its hard." Whether it was nerves or just a great play by Aldon Smith, Wilson fumbled on Seattles first snap. Smith got credit for a sack and a recovery, too -- a defenders dream -- at the Seahawks 15. More staunch defence followed, this time by Seattle, which held and only gave up Phil Dawsons 25-yard field goal. Seattle simply had no answers for Kaepernicks runs, looking either flat-footed or plain-out lost when he took off. He gained 98 yards on the ground in the first half, including a 58-yard second-quarter run, the longest of his three-year career and the longest Seattles defence allowed all season. But he was less effective in the second half and was plagued by turnovers. Wilson came up with a huge improvisation of his own moments after Kaepernicks long jaunt. Wilson avoided the rush with some nifty scrambling before spotting Baldwin behind the defence for a 51-yard pickup. All it resulted in was Hauschkas 32-yard field goal, making it 10-3. Baldwin finished with six receptions for 106 yards. And now its on to New Jersey, where Carroll once coached the Jets for a season. That didnt end well -- he was fired so the team could hire Rich Kotite. He heads back with a chance to add a Super Bowl crown to two national titles as coach at Southern California. "Its quite a magical moment," Carroll said. "You cant really grasp the moment. Did we really do this?" Yep -- the Seahawks and their 12th Man. Soccer Jerseys From China . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. Soccer Jerseys Online . -- The top-seeded Alberta Pandas set up of an all-Canada West final against arch rival UBC at the CIS womens volleyball championship after a 3-0 win over the No. https://www.cheapsoccerjerseysjustwholesale.com/.Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend. Authentic Soccer Jerseys .C. -- Duke sophomore Rodney Hood is entering the NBA draft. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . LOUIS -- Russell Martin wanted a better fate for his starting pitcher and helped deliver a happier ending.Q: You were an english-lit major at the University of Tennessee, whats your favourite fiction novel?R.A.: Fiction, oh man its hard to pick a favourite, Ill give you a couple ones that I really like. Ill give you a classic, that I really really enjoyed growing up, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens is one I read early on and loved it. Im a big Ernest Hemingway fan, so anything written by him. And recently, more contemporary literature, probably The Power Of One by Bryce Courtenay. And I just, I love reading, so its hard for me to pick a favourite.Q: Another tough one here, if you could have dinner with 3 authors (alive or dead) who would they be?R.A.: Oh man, 3 authors? Ok well, one would be Hemingway, (thinking) one would be Robert Frost and probably another one would be Paul, who wrote a lot books in the Bible. He wrote a lot of the new testament.Q: I couldnt help but notice that you come out to the Game of Thrones theme song. Which character in Game of Thrones would you say best resembles yourself?R.A.: (WARNING: the following answer contains SPOILERS for those who are not through the first season or first book of the Game of Thrones series) You know Im certainly a family Stark proponent. I think you know, I dont want to give anything away, but hes not on the show anymore, but Eddard Stark was kinda my guy. I liked him a lot, I was so sad when he died.(image via HBO)Q: If you had to associate the Blue Jays with one family or group from the series, who would the Blue Jays be?R.A.: Oh man, you know, it might be (thinking), it might be House Targaryen. Kind of on the outskirts a little bit, nobodys really taking them very seriously, but maybe we got some dragons (laughs).Q: If you go online there are a bunch of articles that are titled "RA Dickey: The Most Interesting Man in the World". Youve climbed mt. kilimanjaro, youve authored books. Whats the next non-baseball achievement for you that you want to accomplish?R.A.: Well, apart from just trying to be a full-time dad, which I really enjoy, Ive got four kids, so that takes up the bulk of my time. Especially since I have a major league schedule that keeps me away from home so much, so thats a big deal. But if youre talking from a hobby standpoint, Im thinking about trying to go up another mountain, maybe its base camp at everest or maybe its a peak in South America, or one of the indies or something like that.Q: So if youre the most interesting man on the Blue Jays, who is the 2nd most interesting man?R.A.: (Laughs) Well I dont know if Im the most interesting, I just think I do things that the other guys dont do. But Jose Bautista is a pretty interesting guy and Josee Reyes too.dddddddddddd Jose Reyes, a lot of people might not know this, but hes a rapper. Hes put out a few songs, you can YouTube him. So, yeah, Jose Reyes is pretty interesting, but we got a lot of really interesting guys, just a great group of guys.(Warning: This song is NSFW)Q: Baseball players are known to have the best handshakes in sports. Over your career, who is the best handshake creator youve seen?R.A.: Ohhh, I gotta go with Jose Reyes. I played with him in New York on the Mets and I play with him here and hes got a different gyration for every guy. And some of its really creative, so hes my guy.Q: Does it ever get annoying? Are you ever thinking like cmon, lets just high five?R.A.: (Laughs) Ya, well Im kinda one of the older players, so sometimes Im kinda like an old curmudgeon. Im kinda like "Lets gooo, let me just sit down. I dont need to dance around." Q: Youre from Nashville, you gotta be a music guy. Whos the last musical artist or band youve heard that made you say, wow these guys are good?R.A.: Um (thinking), probably Mumford & Sons, I got a hold of them about a year ago for the first time for whatever reason. They have a really unique sound, but you get inundated with such great music in Nashville of every genre. And Im not necessarily a country guy, but Nashville is the country music capital of the world, so I hear great no name guys all the time. Youll just go into a local honkey-tonk somewhere in the city and youll see the next Garth Brooks. Its pretty neat.Q: Last concert you went to that wasnt for your kids?R.A.: Oh man, shoot (thinking). Last concert I went to was probably Natalie Merchant. Can you believe that? (laughs)Q: A couple of years ago, you put in your twitter bio, "ninja in training" can we get a status update on how thats going?R.A.: Oh yeah, if achieving ninjahood is like, lets say a black belt, Im about two belts underneath right now. So, Im making my way up.Q: Favourite place to eat in Toronto?R.A.: Oh man, thats tough. You know, Im a big fan of Gretzkys. Theyve got a great menu, the service is good and its like a museum in there, so Ill pick that. Ive got a lot of places that I really enjoy, but for every day dining, I like Gretzkys.Q: Have you ever gone BarDown?R.A.: Well, Ive only taken about three hockey shots my whole life. And I broke the stick on one of them because I didnt know what I was doing and the stick head flew off. And the other one, (laughing) I think I jammed my arm so hard I didnt want to pick up a hockey stick again. Mind you, I had no schooling. We have the Predators now, but you dont grow up in Nashville playing street hockey. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen