World Cup win

in Paare 20.11.2019 04:49
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The 110th game between Ohio State and Michigan might have been the most thrilling, a back-and-forth affair that came down to one final play. The Wolverines went for the win -- and the Buckeyes stayed undefeated. Tyvis Powell intercepted Devin Gardners 2-point conversion pass with 32 seconds left and No. 3 Ohio State held on for a 42-41 victory against Michigan on Saturday as one of the greatest rivalries in sports added another memorable chapter to its storied history. "Thats an instant classic," Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said. Gardner threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to Devin Funchess to make it 42-41, but instead of kicking for the tie and possibly pushing the game to overtime, Wolverines coach Brady Hoke asked his players if they wanted to go for it and got a unanimous response. "We played the game to win," Hoke said. Gardner tried to zip a pass to Drew Dileo into traffic near the goal line, but Powell came up with it and the quarterback was left lying on his back with his arms extended to his side, the back of his helmet resting on the cold turf. "We felt like we could win the game right there," Gardner said, looking and sounding as saddened as any athlete after a setback. Buckeyes cornerback Roby Bradley recovered the onside kick to seal Ohio States 24th consecutive victory and keep its national championship hopes alive. And then thing got even better for the Buckeyes when Auburn beat Alabama later. Meyer insisted the streak was not as significant as winning his second game in as many tries against Michigan. "No question -- the win over our rival is better," he said. Braxton Miller accounted for a career-high matching five touchdowns for Ohio State (12-0, 8-0) and Carlos Hyde ran for a 1-yard score with 2:20 left to make it 42-35. The Buckeyes left Ann Arbor knowing they will play Michigan State in the Big Ten title game next Saturday in Indianapolis, needing to beat the Spartans -- and have No. 1 Alabama or No. 2 Florida State lose a game to have a chance to reach the BCS national championship game. No. 4 Auburn provided an assist by defeating the Crimson Tide by returning a missed field goal 100 yards on the final play for a 34-28 victory. The Wolverines (7-5, 3-5) started strong as a 16 1-2-point underdog and didnt wilt when Ohio State went up 35-21 late in the third quarter, one drive after Gardner threw an incomplete pass on fourth-and-2 when Hoke opted against attempting a 31-yard field goal. "They didnt let up at all," Miller said. Michigan, though, couldnt make a pivotal play in a shootout that mightve given it the biggest upset in the series since Bo Schembechlers first team at Michigan beat what Woody Hayes said was his best Buckeyes squad in 1969. "I threw an interception that cost us the win," said Gardner, who limped into a news conference with a protective boot on his left foot. "Thats what I will remember." Miller ran for 153 yards and three TDs and threw for 133 yards and two scores. Hyde ran for 226 yards to help Ohio State win for the ninth time in 10 games against Michigan, but he fumbled in the fourth quarter to help Michigan tie the game for a fourth time with 5:01 left. Both teams scored at least 41 points for the first time in their rivalry that dates to 1897. "I have such great respect for this rivalry," Meyer said. "Coach Hayes was from a different generation. He would have wanted a 10-9 game, but he would have wanted to see the two teams playing as hard as they can." Gardner was 32 of 45 for 451 yards and four TDs, connecting nine times for 175 yards and a score to Jeremy Gallon, and ran for a 1-yard TD that gave Michigan the first lead in the high-scoring game that went to halftime tied at 21. Gardner fumbled in the third quarter and Ohio State took advantage of the turnover on the ensuing drive with a Millers go-ahead, 3-yard TD. It was a slug fest -- literally for a few moments. The teams exchanged pushes and some punches in the second quarter after a Michigan kickoff. The Buckeyes lost starting right guard Marcus Hall and kick returner Dontre Wilson and the Wolverines lost backup linebacker Royce Jenkins-Stone to ejections. All three players were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and had to leave the field after a skirmish. Hall and Wilson appeared to throw punches. Jenkins-Stone tugged Wilsons helmet off and tossed it to the turf. "It was unacceptable," Meyer said. While walking off the field and toward the tunnel, Hall put both arms into the air and flashed a familiar obscene gesture, extended middle fingers, to the Michigan crowd. Punishment could potentially linger for Ohio State if both players are suspended for next weeks Big Ten championship game. "The conference office will wait until after the game for the officials written report, review the video and then take further action if needed," Big Ten spokesman Scott Chipman wrote in an email to The Associated Press. Fake Jerseys . Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto. Fake Jerseys From China . The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. http://www.fakejersey.com/fake-ncaa-jerseys/.J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent. Fake Football Jerseys . He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. Fake Jerseys Online . -- Clayton Kershaw and Hyun-Jin Ryu will be the Dodgers starting pitchers in their two-game season-opening series in Australia against the Arizona Diamondbacks.BORMIO, Italy -- Canadas Erik Guay was heavily influenced by the Crazy Canucks during his formative years on the slopes. Now hes breaking their records. Guay won World Cup bronze in the downhill on Sunday for his 21st career podium appearance. That broke the Canadian record by Steve Podborski, a member of the Crazy Canucks team in the 1970s and 80s. "Those are the racers I grew up watching and admiring," Guay said. "Its special." Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal mastered the fresh snow conditions on the Stelvio course to win a downhill for his fourth victory of the Olympic season. The Norwegian clocked one minute 54.08 seconds to finish 0.39 seconds ahead of Hannes Reichelt of Austria. Guay was 0.51 seconds back in third, for a strong follow-up to his downhill victory in Val Gardena a week ago. "On the top it was difficult to be precise because it was soft and you cant push too hard with the edges," Svindal said. "So I just tried to ski the top part really well and then from the San Pietro jump down thats usually where Bormio is decided and that was to my advantage down there." Svindal trailed Guay at every checkpoint but then gained 0.65 seconds over the last few gates. Guay, from Mont-Tremblant, Que., made a slight but costly error, lifting up his left ski to regain his balance after cutting off a turn too sharply. "Maybe I got a little bit greedy on the bottom section trying to cut line and I paid for it," Guay said. Still, Guay has become Svindals top challenger in the speed events. "Im really excited about my skiing at the moment," said Guay, who has had knee surgeries the past two off-seasons. "For the first time I know why Im fast. Its not like it was a lucky shot in Val Gardena." The start of the race was delayed for 40 minutes due to fog and low visibility, and overnight snow provided a much softer surface than during the two training sessions Friday and Saturday. It was also snowing on the top half of the course during the race for early starters. Svindal extended his overall lead ahead of two-time defending champion Marcel Hirscher to 195 points. The Norwegian also leads the downhill standings and is shaping up as the top favourite for the speed events at the Sochi Olymmpics, which start in 40 days.dddddddddddd Svindal won a medal of each colour at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Still, he had never won in Bormio and missed out on victory last season by 0.01 -- the smallest margin possible -- when Reichelt and Dominik Paris of Italy shared the victory. Paris sat out this race as he recovers from a fall in Val Gardena. "Maybe it wasnt as tough this year because it wasnt so icy but from the San Pietro jump down it was still fast and bumpy," Svindal said, referring to the courses biggest jump midway down. "This is a cool race to win." Calgarys Jan Hudec was 14th, Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 21st and Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., was 29th. Robbie Dixon of Whistler was 32nd, Benjamin Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., was 37th and Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant was 41st. The top American finisher was Travis Ganong of Squaw Valley, Calif., in 10th, while Bode Miller struggled with the conditions and finished 35th. "When I went it was dumping snow until halfway down," said Miller, who started 10th. "I couldnt see anything. ... I didnt really ski bad." It was Svindals 25th career World Cup win, moving him into sole possession of 11th place on the all-time list. One more victory and hell pull even with Austrian great Franz Klammer for 10th place on the list, which is led by Swedish legend Ingemar Stenmark with 86 wins. "I dont really think about that," Svindal said. "Its just fun to be where Ive been the last couple of years, every weekend fighting to win the race. I get to be nervous and excited every weekend." Just as impressive, Svindal became the first skier from outside Austria or Switzerland to win 20 World Cup speed races -- joining a select group that includes Hermann Maier (39 speed wins), Klammer (25 -- all downhill), Stephan Eberharter (24), Peter Mueller (21) and Pirmin Zurbriggen (21). Besides his win last year, Reichelt also won a super-G on the Stelvio in 2008. "Here I know what I have to do to be fast," Reichelt said. Bormio will also host the next mens race on Jan. 6, a Monday night slalom that was moved from Zagreb due to a lack of snow in Croatia. A New Years Day race in Munich was cancelled due to lack of snow. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen