Stakes at Los Alamitos on Dec.

in Paare 20.11.2019 04:49
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

EDINBURGH -- Meaghan Benfeito couldnt hide her disappointment. The Canadian diver had just made a critical mistake on her and partner Roseline Filions fourth attempt in the womens synchronized 10-metre platform final at the Commonwealth Games -- an error that left their medal hopes hanging in the balance. But instead of dwelling on the flubbed back 3 1/2 somersault, Benfeito gathered herself in hopes of still securing a top-three finish. "Theres still another dive left. I know how to do all my dives properly," said 25-year-old. "I think our last dive is our strongest one and I knew if we nailed it we could get on the podium." And nail it they did. Benfeito and Filion produced a textbook back 2 1/2 somersault with 1 1/2 twists to not only get on the podium Wednesday, but win a gold medal that seemed improbable just minutes earlier. "I wasnt expecting to come out of this with a gold," said Benfeito. "I knew that we were still in the hunt for a medal. Gold, I didnt think so, but our last dive is a strong dive and its the reason its our last dive. "We did it pretty well and were happy with the result." Montreals Benfeito and Filion, of Laval, Que., scored a total of 310.65 points, just ahead of Englands Sarah Barrow and Tonia Couch with 307.92. Malaysias Pandelela Rinong Pamg and Nur Dhabitah Sabri took bronze with a score of 300.12. Benfeito and Filion were awarded 76.80 points on their final dive, but the 2012 Olympic bronze medallists could only wait for the leaders final attempts. When Barrow and Couch tallied just 70.08 on the same dive, the Canadians knew they had pulled out the tricky event that was delayed by 35 minutes due to a technical glitch that forced judges to display scores using flip cards. "It was tough for everyone," said Filion. "I knew it was going to be close, but I didnt expect to win at all." The 27-year-old has partnered with Benfeito for more than a decade and said they werent affected by the late start. "We were prepared for all these kinds of problems," said Filion. "Our team manager said in a meeting You never know whats going to happen. Be prepared, be ready. "We could wait the amount of time it took. We were there to compete and dive and thats what we did." Wednesday marked the first of four competition days at the cosy Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh, about a 75-kilometre drive from Glasgow. Later Wednesday, Lavals Jennifer Abel and Pamela Ware of Beloeil, Que., won silver in the three-metre springboard with a score of 295.65. Englands Alicia Blagg and Rebecca Gallantree won gold, and Australias Maddison Keeney and Anabelle Smith took bronze. The 22-year-old Abel was a bronze medallist in three-metre synchro at the 2012 Olympics with former partner Emilie Heymans, and again at last years world championships with the 21-year-old Ware. Abel won gold in the one- and three-metre individual events -- as well as a silver with Heymans in the three-metre synchro -- at the Commonwealth Games four years ago in New Delhi. Benfeito and Filions come-from-behind victory capped an impressive season for the pair, who finished 2014 with a podium appearance in each of their eight international events. But even with a gold medal hanging around her neck, Benfeito was still kicking herself for her miss on the fourth attempt. "Its a dive that causes me a lot of problems, but its usually good in synchro," she said. "I am disappointed that I missed because we could have won by a lot more, but it happens. "Its in the past. Youve got to move on, youve got to do another really good dive and thats what we did." Benfeito and Filion won silver in 10-metre syncho at last years world championships, and will compete in the individual 10-metre event here as veterans on a young Canadian team that has seen a number of retirements in recent years, including Alexandre Despatie. "Its so weird because we used to be the babies on the team," said Filion. "Its interesting for me because I get to give a little bit of advice, when I used to get all the advice." Added Benfeito: "The transition has been really easy so I think that makes the team even stronger." What the young Canadian divers here in Scotland learned on Wednesday from their now-veteran teammates was simple. "Anything can happen and its definitely not over until the last dive," said Benfeito. "You have to give everything you can until the end." Fake NCAA Jerseys .C., has been named Canadas top female official, winning the 2014 SOC Award of Excellence. Cranes career as a figure skating judge has spanned over 40 years. Clearance NCAA Jerseys . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/. The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground. NCAA Jerseys China . Yet heading to New York, the Habs remain positive as it all comes down to the one main ingredient that the organization has built its team on - character. Replica NCAA Jerseys . Next years tournament is also within sight for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which has never played in a World Cup, but Cristiano Ronaldo looks destined for the playoffs with Portugal after a night when the qualifying picture in the nine groups became much clearer.Hot Springs, AR (SportsNetwork.com) - Champion filly Take Charge Brandi is the even-money morning line favorite for Saturdays $100,000 Martha Washington Stakes at Oaklawn Park. Owned by Willis Horton and trained by D. Wayne Lukas, Take Charge Brandi begins her 3-year-old season in the mile stakes and will start from post 6 with veteran jockey Jon Court riding her for the first time. Six other 3-year-old fillies will take on the champ. I think the mile is a logical choice, the Hall of Fame trainer earlier said, referring to the Martha Washington distance. Take Charge Brandi, who is being pointed toward the Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs on Friday, May 1, won the 2014 Eclipse Award as champion 2-year-old filly primarily based on her 61-1 upset victory in the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies last November. The filly finished her Eclipse Award-winning 2-year-old season by taking the Starlet Stakes at Los Alamitos on Dec.dddddddddddd 13. That victory came just three weeks after capturing the Delta Downs Princess Stakes on Nov. 22. The filly has won four of eight starts for $1,620,126. The 7-2 second choice is Indian Annie who will be ridden by Ricardo Santana Jr. from post 4. The filly is trained by Steve Asmussen and partly owned by Whispering Oaks Farm. Indian Annie has won two of her three starts, reaching the winners circle the second time out at Fair Grounds on Nov. 22 and claiming an allowance race at Oaklawn on Jan. 17. Here is the field for the Martha Washington in post position order: Perfect Fit, Cliff Berry, 8-1; Cape Town Stevie, Emmanuel Esquivel, 30-1; High Dollar Woman, Joe Rocco Jr., 6-1; Indian Annie, Ricardo Santana Jr., 7-2; Sarah Sis, Julio Felix, 5-1; Take Charge Brandi, Jon Court, even and Sweet Corinna, Channing Hill, 10-1 Post time for the Martha Washington will be approximately 5:38 p.m. ET. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen