Green would give the rugged Grizzlies a versatile

in Bündnisse 14.11.2019 03:34
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - With DeMarcus Cousins sidelined with an illness, Rudy Gay felt the burden to carry the load for the Sacramento Kings as a scorer, defender and team leader.At least for one night, Gay looked comfortable in that role.Gay scored 29 points and guarded Gordon Hayward aggressively in the final three quarters, and the Kings overcame Cousins absence to beat the struggling Utah Jazz 101-92 on Monday night.A lot of times Ive been settling and sitting back thinking I have him, said Gay, who made 10 of 19 shots. Weve kind of been a tandem so far this year, but hes not out there, so I have to be aggressive on both ends.Darren Collison added 16 points and six assists, and rookie Nik Stauskas scored a season-high 15 points to go with eight rebounds as Sacramento pulled away in the fourth quarter for a rare win without its franchise centre.Cousins sat out for the sixth straight game because of viral meningitis, which will sideline him at least the rest of the week. The Kings are 2-4 without Cousins this season and had lost 17 of their previous 18 games when he doesnt play.Were a great team with him, but were also a great team without him. We have to believe that to win games, Gay said.Hayward scored 12 of his 19 points in the first quarter, and Alec Burks returned from a left shoulder injury to score 16 points for the Jazz, who have lost nine in a row under first-year coach Quin Snyder.Sacramento outshot Utah 47.3 to 40.5 per cent.We are just going to have to put it all together, said Jazz guard Trey Burke, who scored 13 points. If we play like we did tonight on the defensive end, I am sure our offence is going to come around.The Kings scored 12 straight points early in the fourth to take an 80-70 lead. Utah rallied with a 7-0 run, and the teams traded baskets over the next few minutes.Stauskas put Sacramento in control for good when he converted a twisting layup while getting fouled by Rodney Hood. The three-point play put the Kings up 89-79 with 3:22 remaining.Kings coach Michael Malone joked that Stauskas became a man in the NBA with the late-game performance. The eighth overall pick out of Michigan just said he felt like his old self again after an early season slump.I feel like this is all I really needed, Stauskas said.The victory kept the Kings (11-10) above .500 and slowed a slide that started when Cousins got ill, which is expected to keep him out longer than the team originally anticipated. Malone said that Cousins will need time to practice and work back into shape whenever he is cleared to resume basketball activities.Without their big man in the middle, Sacramento started slow again.Utah (5-16) seized the momentum early, with Hayward having his way in the first quarter to the help the Jazz go ahead 31-23. But the Kings came back in the second quarter with their defence, getting out in transition for easy baskets, including fast-break dunks by Gay and Ben McLemore in the final minute.Sacramento led 55-49 at the half.__TIP-INSJazz: It was the first of four meetings between Utah and Sacramento this season. The Jazz won last seasons series 2-1. ... Utah had 20 assists and 13 turnovers.Kings: Lead assistant coach Tyrone Corbin, the former Jazz coach, injured his Achilles tendon working out last week. He shared hugs and handshakes with some of Utahs staff outside the Kings locker room but will not be on the bench until his injury progress. ... Sacramento had 18 assists and 17 turnovers.FLYING MOUTHPIECEJazz centre Enes Kanter was called for a technical foul with 4:34 remaining after throwing his mouthpiece into the stands, drawing boos from the crowd. Gay missed the free throw.SINGING TANDEMRapper Tyga performed at halftime with Anjali Ranadive, the daughter of Kings owner Vivek Ranadive. She goes by the stage name Anjali World.NEXT UPJazz: Host San Antonio on Tuesday.Kings: At the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday. Racer Pink Air Max Plus 97 . The win puts Arsenal four points clear of Everton in fourth place with two games to play in the Premier League, a position which would qualify the club for Europes top competition for the 17th straight year. Cheap Air Max 97 Wholesale . Thats 14 consecutive losses to the two-time defending champs, and most of them were over before they even began. Result notwithstanding, Sundays game had a very different feel to it. http://www.outletairmax97.com/. He was 90. The team announced Monday that Adams had died, saying he "passed away peacefully from natural causes." The son of a prominent oil executive, Adams built his own energy fortune and founded the Houston Oilers. Air Max 97 Ultra 17 Fake . -- So much for concern that running back Marshawn Lynch would be absent from the Seattle Seahawks minicamp. Air Max 97 Outlet .And although FIFAs investigators are preparing to release the findings of a World Cup corruption probe, Hassan Al Thawadi dismissed any chance of Qatar losing the showpiece event.INDIANAPOLIS - The Boston Celtics made one trade Friday night, and it looks as if Jeff Green could be on the move, too.Green was pulled from the starting lineup moments before Bostons 107-103 overtime loss at Indiana. He did not suit up for the game, and wasnt listed on the Celtics injury report.A person with knowledge of the talks told The Associated Press that the Celtics and Grizzlies were discussing a deal that would send Green to Memphis. The person requested anonymity because a deal had not been completed.Negotiations stretched late into the night on Friday, with the teams discussing other players and draft picks, as well as possibly adding a third team to the mix.Green is averaging a team-best 17.6 points, but the Celtics (12-22) are rebuilding and the Grizzlies (25-11) are contending in the tough Western Conference. All Boston coach Brad Stevens would say about Greens absence is he also wont be with the team this weekend.The Celtics did announce a trade with Phoenix, sending Brandan Wright to the Suns for a protected first-round draft pick. The 6-foot-10 Wright came to Boston in the Dec. 18 trade that sent guard Rajon Rondo to the Mavericks.The draft pick, which originally belonged to Minnesota, is top-12 protected in 2015 and 2016. If the pick is not used by 2016, then the Timberwolves would instead give up their second-round picks in 2016 and 2017.The 6-foot-9 Green has career averages of 14.4 points and 5.1 rebounds in 511 games.Its all part of the business and werre all professionals, Celtics guard Avery Bradley said.dddddddddddd. All we can do is focus on the game, even Jeff. He was focused as well, and we still dont know whats going on.Clearly, though, the wheeling-and-dealing for Boston has created some strange circumstances.It was very different, Stevens said. It changes your pregame speech a little bit. Its a jolt to your system.Memphis lost 106-95 at New Orleans on Friday night. The addition of Green would give the rugged Grizzlies a versatile scorer to go along with their stout defence.Memphis veteran Tayshaun Prince was bracing for a possible relocation.Obviously, everybody was getting wind of what was going on. ... Ive been in this league for 13 years, Prince said. Ever since I signed my first deal in Detroit, I was on the trading block every year. You know what Im saying? Ever since I signed my deal after that first year, I was on the trading block every year, so its part of the business. And if thats the case, then so be it.Memphis competition out West also has been active. Houston added Josh Smith and Corey Brewer. Dallas traded for Rajon Rondo, and Oklahoma City swung a deal to land Dion Waiters from Cleveland.If the 28-year-old Green is moving on, Boston will feel it.Its hard to see anyone go, Bradley said. If (Green) is here, or somewhere else, we can only hope he does well.___AP Basketball Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis and AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen