nt know. I like to focus on my own play on the court. But I certainly hope so.

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 09.11.2019 03:34
von gf1234566 • 170 Beiträge

Two days ago our Farhan Lalji reported that one of the greatest receivers in CFL history, Geroy Simon was calling it a career. Since Farhans tweet, there have been all kinds of speculation as to why Simon would hang them up now, when as recently as a month and a half ago he indicated that he felt like he could play at least one more year. The rumour getting the most traction is that he wasnt offered enough money by Saskatchewan GM Brendan Taman to make another year worth his while. However, sources very close to the situation said on Sunday night that this decision had nothing to do with money. The recent talks between the Rider GM and Simon went fine and did not factor into his decision. Information which makes sense because in all my discussions with the CFLs yardage leader throughout the years he has never made decisions based on money, and there is no reason to think he would start now. Simon was trending on Twitter shortly after it was known that he was retiring, including tweets from many fans wondering why he wouldnt sign a one day contract with the Lions and hold the press conference in BC, since he played there the majority of his career there and racked up 14,756 of his 16,352 career yards as a Lion. Retiring with the team youve played for the bulk of your career with has become ordinary practice for most athletes in all sports. However, since entering the league with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Simon has been anything but ordinary, and has followed his own path. Last year he played for the Roughriders, and his best game of the season was the most important game of the season, when he had two touchdown catches in the Grey Cup against Hamilton, so he will retire a Rider.As for whether or not he could end up on another roster and play one more year in a different city, a source said as of Sunday night Simon had not heard from any other team in the league. While it seems shocking that teams wouldnt at least contact him to gauge his interest in playing somewhere else, we shouldnt read into the lack of interest too much. First, Simon hasnt made it official, and until papers are filed to the league he is still a Roughrider. Also dont be surprised to hear that No. 81 may be hanging up his jersey, but isnt going to leave football, and that information may have already leaked to the other teams in the league. He still has gas in the tank and could help a young team like Ottawa for instance, and I consider myself one of many who think he could play at least one more year. However, it sounds like hes decided its time to make the transition into the next phase of his life, and once you have retired in your mind you are not going back, so it will be interesting to see what his new role in the game will be. As initially reported, the official press conference will be held sometime this week in Regina, and will mark the end of the playing career of the most productive receiver in CFL history. But as good as Simon was as a player he is even a better person, and will be successful in anything he does in the future. As I mentioned, it sounds like he will stay in football for now, but I know from previous conversations with him that he would be interested in exploring TV and I for one would welcome him with open arms to our team at TSN, if that opportunity ever presented itself. He also has other interests and business partners away from the game, and you can bet there will be lots of open doors in the corporate world for Simon if he chooses to go that route. I mean, who wouldnt want to hire Superman. Fake Jordan .Y. -- The Montreal Canadiens have had few reasons to celebrate this season as they have been mired near the basement of the Eastern Conference. Jordan China . -- Rookie Victor Oladipo came off the bench to score 20 points and Glen Davis had 18, leading the Orlando Magic to a 112-98 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. https://www.jordanchina.us/. TSN 1290s game day coverage begins on Monday, June 9 at 5:30pm ct as the Blue Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts in pre-season action. Bombers game day broadcasts on TSN 1290 are hosted by Winnipeg Blue Bomber Hall of Famers Troy Westwood and new addition Chris Walby, alongside beat reporter Darrin Bauming, who delivers regular reports on the team for TSN 1290 all-season long. Air Jordan Outlet . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. Clearance Air Jordan Store . That further limits the options of Australia coach Ewen McKenzie, who on Monday suspended six players who were involved in a night out in Dublin ahead of the Saturdays 32-15 win over the Irish. The Wallabies play Scotland on Saturday before facing Wales on Nov.MONTREAL -- Canada accomplished everything it hoped for Saturday at the Fed Cup. Wins by Aleksandra Wozniak and Eugenie Bouchard in World Group II action gives Canada a 2-0 lead over Serbia at Montreals Claude-Robillard Sports Complex. Bouchard beat Serbias Jovana Jaksic in straight sets 6-1, 6-0, after Wozniak beat Serbias Vesna Dolonc 7-5, 2-6, 6-4, earlier in the day. "Its what we wanted to accomplish today, and we did it," said Bouchard, who made quick work of her opponent, winning in straight sets in under an hour. "We can be happy with how today went." To win the first round tie, Canada needs just one more victory on Sunday. "The jobs not over," said Bouchard, whos ranked No. 19 on the WTA Tour. "Anything can happen. We need to be ready for them to come out swinging. Ill be ready. Hopefully we can close it out." Bouchard will play 117th-ranked Dolonc on Sunday afternoon, with Wozniak facing Jaksic afterwards. Sharon Fichman (ranked No. 112) and Gabriela Dabrowski (No. 224) will team up in doubles against Aleksandra Krunic (No. 152) and Nina Stojanovic (unranked). If, however, Bouchard beats Dolonc, Canada will win the tie, and Wozniak will not have to take to the court. Instead, the tie will culminate with the doubles contest. The winning team will have the opportunity to advance from the World Group II to the World Group, which includes the worlds eight best teams. Canada will also have the chance to avenge a 3-2 road loss to Serbia in a 2011 Group II that ultimately relegated the Canadians to a lower division. Wozniak, currently sitting at No. 274 in the world, was on that Canadian team in 2011, her last Fed Cup prior to injuring her shoulder. Wozniak played in only seven tournaments last year because of the injury, but is preparing her comeback. On Saturday, she was feeling healthy, and happy to be competing for her country. "It was a real hill to climb," said Wozniak of her recent injury trouble. "Every game will help me progress, help my game and my confidence. Im going to continue climbing to get back to the top." Down 1-5 in the first set, Wozniak made adjustments to her game and began dictating the run of play. "I stayed concentrated on every single point," said Wozniak, who started going to the net with more confidence midway through the set. "I wanted to set the pace of the game. (Dolonc) wass playing well, and I was missing my shots.dddddddddddd. I held on and took it one point at a time." Wozniak won the next five games, breaking Doloncs serve twice in the process, to take a 6-5 lead. In the deciding game, Wozniak completed the comeback when Dolonc hit the net to double fault on set point. "It was a joke for me to get to 5-1," said Dolonc. "But then she started finding her game. It was getting tighter and tighter. She was feeling more confident, and I was feeling less confident." In the final set, after Dolonc handily took the second 6-2, Wozniak came to the net on match point, forcing Dolonc to miss the baseline. "Its something I want to do," said Wozniak, whos won more games (38) representing Canada at the Fed Cup than any other player. "When I have the chance, I set it up, and I want to come to the net and play aggressive. "I was extremely emotional. I really wanted to celebrate with my team. I play with a lot of emotion when I play for my country. Thats why I have so much success in Fed Cups." Facing a young Serb making her Fed Cup debut, Bouchards match was certainly less of a nail-biter. Already leading 5-1 in the first set, Bouchard fired a forehand winner out of Jaksics reach on set point. In the second set, Jaksic, ranked No. 149, couldnt do much to slow Bouchard down, winning only six points. "I was feeling a bit of pressure," said Jaksic. "I put too much on myself. I had to do too much, and in the end I didnt do anything. I was feeling so slow. My legs were like stone. I couldnt move." Bouchard, who didnt double fault and only made two unforced errors in the second set, won the match when Jaksic sent her final shot long. "She might have been intimidated," said Bouchard. "I dont know. I like to focus on my own play on the court. But I certainly hope so. That would be a good thing." The 19-year-old from Montreal created a buzz last month by reaching the semifinals at the Australian Open, the first Canadian woman to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in 20 years. But eventual tournament champion Li Na of China ended Bouchards impressive run with a straight-sets win. "I definitely have a lot more confidence now," said Bouchard. "In playing games against the best in the world, I get better every time. And thats my goal, to improve every time." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen