carries Friday night helped his cause

in Pfotenbuch 07.11.2019 09:33
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- TJ Dillashaw pulled off a stunning upset, dominating bantamweight champion Renan Barao until the fight was stopped at 2:26 of the fifth round at UFC 173 on Saturday night. "Ive dreamed it for so long, its unbelievable," Dillashaw said. "If you can dream it, it can happen." Dillashaw, a 9-1 underdog entering the fight, ended Baraos 35-fight unbeaten streak. "Barao is the best in the world in my eyes," Dillashaw said. "I had to bring my A game to become the champion." The challenger utilized excellent footwork to attack from different angles, finding his range early and limiting the damage Barao was able to inflict. Dillashaw (11-2) landed a hard overhand right in the second that hurt Barao, and nearly had him finished just before the end of the round. He maintained control throughout the next two rounds, switching between southpaw and orthodox stances while peppering Barao with a barrage of punches. Dillashaw was well on his way to victory when he landed a left kick to Baraos head midway through the final round. Barao (34-2-1) fell to the mat and Dillashaw quickly followed with punches, forcing referee Herb Dean to stop the fight. "Thats who I am, Im aggressive," Dillashaw said. In the co-main event, fourth-ranked Daniel Cormier dominated MMA great Dan Henderson (30-12), winning with a rear naked choke in the third round. Cormier (15-0) is expected to challenge for the light heavyweight title and called out champion Jon Jones. "Jones, you cant run from me forever," Cormier said. "If I decide to take Jon Jones down 100 times, Ill take him down 100 times. Im coming!" Jones is set to fight Alexander Gustaffson in a title rematch, with Cormier expected to face the winner. On the undercard, top welterweight contender Robbie Lawler was dominant in a third-round TKO over fifth-ranked Jake Ellenberger. Lawler improved the 23-10 and will likely earn another shot at the title. "I wanted to go out there and showcase what I can do," said Lawler, who is fresh off a loss to champion Johny Hendricks. "I want everyone to know that Im coming for the title." Sixth-ranked Takeya Mizugaki will continue his climb up the bantamweight ladder after a unanimous decision over 10th-ranked Francisco Rivera, and James Krause stopped Jamie Varner via TKO when Varner was unable to answer the bell for the second round due to a leg injury. In the preliminary bouts, Michael Chiesa, Tony Ferguson, Chris Holdsworth, Mitch Clark, Vinc Pichel, Sam Sicilia and Li Jingliang each earned victories. Pittsburgh Penguins Pro Shop .S. President Barack Obama saluted the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House on Monday -- a rare moment for a president hungry to see more victorious teams from his hometown. Fake Penguins Jerseys . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/. This week, topics cover the Blue Jays rotation, the futures John Gibbons and Alex Anthopoulos, protecting pitchers and a bonus question on his predictions for the MLB playoffs. Pittsburgh Penguins Gear . Louis Cardinals are one of Major League Baseballs model franchises. Cheap Penguins Jerseys . Watch the announcement live on TSN.ca at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt. This years honourees will be recognized at the 2014 Hockey Canada Foundation Celebrity Classic, scheduled for June 23-24 in Vancouver. REGINA -- Edmontons Tyler Thomas and John White, and Saskatchewans Keith Toston will do their best to find holes while plugging them at the same time. Thomas and White ignited a punchless Eskimos offence Friday night by combining for 153 yards rushing in Edmontons 19-14 victory over the host Saskatchewan Roughriders in CFL exhibition action at Mosaic Stadium. Thomas carried the bulk of the load for Edmonton and registered 96 yards on 12 carries. White added 57 yards along the ground, including a 41-yard touchdown run in the third quarter that gave the visitors a 16-14 advantage. Hugh Charles, in his seventh season in the CFL, is the lone veteran on the Eskimos depth chart in the backfield. Charles had two catches on Friday for 13 yards. "It has been a crazy ride for us during training camp," said White, who added one catch for 22 yards. "Its a friendly competition with all of us. I want Tyler to do well, I want Hugh to do well and I want to do well. "Ball out -- thats all we have to do." It was the Eskimos backups that spurred Fridays second-half comeback. Second-string quarterback Matt Nichols threw for 155 yards, most of which came in Edmontons 14-point third quarter. Nichols, the backup to starter Mike Reilly, found Adarius Bowman for a 20-yard touchdown strike and later handed off to White for his long touchdown burst. Thomas showed his versatility the previous week when he led the Eskimos in rushing with 24 yards and tacked on 38 yards on three receptions. Eskimos head coach Chris Jones wouldnt tip his cap to which running back has the inside edge for the starting job.dddddddddddd "(Thomas) was hanging on to the football," Jones deadpanned. "Well find out in a few days (who our starter will be)." CFL teams have to make final cuts before 10 p.m. Eastern time Saturday. Toston finds himself in a similar position as his Eskimos counterparts. Hes battling Anthony Allen and Jermaine Thomas for the Riders No. 1 running back spot. With the departure of Kory Sheets to the NFLs Oakland Raiders, the defending Grey Cup champions have a big hole to fill in the backfield this season. Tostons 67 yards rushing on seven carries Friday night helped his cause in that tight race. Allen had 39 yards along the ground on 10 carries and Thomas was held to eight yards. "At this point, we have all battled as brothers for this job," Toston said. "Whoever is blessed with the opportunity to be that number one guy is going to ride with it and Im sure the next man will cheer him on." Roughriders head coach Corey Chamblin hinted the job might be one accomplished by committee. "I think theres still something that needs to be proven at that spot," he said. Darian Durant looked sharp for the Riders. He was 7-for-11 passing for 113 yards and two touchdowns, both to Taj Smith. Reilly completed nine of 15 pass attempts for 60 yards. Edmonton opens the regular season in B.C., while Saskatchewan will play host to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on June 28. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen