Slam action. Nadal is 2-0

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 02.11.2019 07:21
von jinshuiqian0713 • 565 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- Marc Methot may have scored the game winner for the Ottawa Senators, but he was much more excited about Mark Borowieckis goal. Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal and considering the two are defence partners and both Ottawa natives Methot felt it was a pretty special night with their 4-1 victory Thursday over the Montreal Canadiens. "It was awesome," said Methot. "It doesnt happen very often for myself or for (Borowiecki). Were more defensive minded guys and any time you have two hometown guys score in the same game, and its a pretty important game for our fans, I couldnt be happier." Borowiecki celebrated with his teammates, but strangely enough not a single family member was on hand for the game. His parents were in Las Vegas and his girlfriend, a teacher, was unable to attend due to parent-teacher interviews. "Its just weird how it worked out," said the 24-year-old. "I cant describe the feeling; its pretty cool. I had a big smile on my face." In addition to timely scoring, Robin Lehner was solid in goal stopping 33 shots. Lehner was making his second straight start as Craig Anderson recovers from a stiff neck. "I think the "D" is helping me a lot to see pucks and boxing out," said Lehner. "I think were getting a little better chemistry and it feels good." Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris, with an empty netter, also scored for the Senators (6-6-4), who posted back-to-back wins for just the second time this season. Andrei Markov scored the lone goal for the Canadiens (8-8-1) as Carey Price faced 24 shots. Montreal is winless in its last four games. "Its normal for everyone to be disappointed as we all want to win," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. "Especially after playing a solid road game, but well concentrate on the good things we saw." Despite giving up four goals Therrien had no complaints as to how his team performed. "I thought we deserved a better fate. I thought we were the team that dictated the game and we had some great scoring chances, but we couldnt capitalize on them so that was a big difference." The game opened a five-game homestand for the Senators, who have struggled at home as of late with a 2-3-2 record. With Ottawa holding a two-goal lead Lehner was instrumental holding off the Canadiens in the third, stopping all 11 shots he faced. "I thought Robin gave us a lot of confidence," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "Hes been very consistent, very solid." Despite being outshot 14-6 in the second the Senators, with 19,292 on hand marking their first sellout of the season, managed to take a 3-1 lead on goals by two Ottawa natives. Methot made it 2-1 midway through the period as he picked up Markovs clearing attempt and beat Price high. Just 37 seconds later Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal as his shot from just inside the blue-line made it through traffic. Borowiecki was recalled from the AHL less than a week ago, but MacLean believes hes had an immediate impact. "I think hes given some life to some of us that were maybe sagging a little bit," admitted MacLean. "Thats a great credit to him and his leadership abilities that hes able to come in and have an influence on the team." The Senators didnt get off to a great start in their own end, forcing Lehner to make a number of big saves. The Canadiens opened the scoring with Markovs power-play goal midway through the first period, but the lead was short-lived as the Senators tied it less than 30 seconds later. Ryan, with his team-leading ninth of the season, beat Price with Turris creating a screen. This was the first of five games between the two teams this season. Thursdays game also marked the first meeting between the teams since Ottawa eliminated Montreal in five games during last springs Eastern Conference quarter-finals. Notes: There was a scary moment for the Senators after RW Chris Neil took a puck to the face early in the third period. He did return to the game, but was already bruised. ... D Patrick Wiercioch and D Joe Corvo were a healthy scratch for the Senators. RW Erik Condra missed the game with a sprained muscle in his right leg and G Craig Anderson is day-to-day with a stiff neck. ... The Canadiens were without Daniel Briere (concussion), Brandon Prust (shoulder), Alexei Emelin (knee) and Davis Drewiske (shoulder). D Greg Pateryn was a healthy scratch. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet .com) - Former FBI director Robert Mueller said his investigation found no evidence that the NFL saw the elevator video of Ray Rice striking his then-fiancee before the tape was released in September. Nike NFL Jerseys China . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/.com) - Mikko Korhonen carded a 5-under 67 on Thursday to claim medalist honors at the European Tours Final Qualifying Stage tournament. NFL Jerseys China . -- The Florida Gators are first yet again this season. Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap . Murray, the defending champion and No. 3 seed, claimed his first match win at Queens in 2005 and went on to win the Wimbledon warmup three times. But he failed to take advantage of eight set points after leading the first-set tiebreaker 6-2, and Stepanek survived to convert with his second set point.Melbourne, Australia - Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer will resume their rivalry in the Australian Open semifinals after each posted four- set quarterfinal victories on Wednesday. The world No. 1 Nadal was the first to advance, claiming a 3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (9-7), 6-2 triumph over 22nd-seeded Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, before Federer reached his 11th straight Aussie Open semi with a 6-3, 6-4, 6-7 (6-8), 6-3 victory over fourth-seeded Andy Murray at Rod Laver Arena. The former No. 1 great Federer, seeded sixth at this fortnight, reached the final four of a Grand Slam for the first time since falling to the reigning Wimbledon champion Murray in the Melbourne semis last year. He was a quarterfinal loser at the French Open last spring, then suffered a stunning second-round loss at Wimbledon and a fourth-round exit at the U.S. Open. The 17-time Grand Slam champ is seeking his first Aussie crown since 2010, when he beat Murray in the final. The 26-year-old Murray is a three-time Aussie runner-up, including last year here against Novak Djokovic. After Federer took the first two sets from Murray, including a brisk 31-minute opening stanza, the Brit fought back in the third, saving two match points in the tiebreak. Federer served for the match, leading 5-4 in the third, but Murray notched his first break, on only his first break-point of the match, against the Swiss icon, who had not been broken in 50 consecutive service games. The four-time Aussie Open champion Federer opened up 5-2 and 6-4 leads in the tiebreak, but had the match points thwarted. First a forehand error and then a backhand error as Murray stayed alive. The Scot would then paint a line with a forehand winner to earn a set point and converted to force a fourth set. A resilient Murray kept the match tight in the fourth, but he gave Federer too many open chances. Finally, on his 10th break point of the set, the Swiss stepped in with a big backhand return to set up a winning point and then served things out. Federer broke Murray four times, while the Brit settled for only one break in only two break-point opportunities all night. "Andy playedd well and put the pressure on me so Im happy to get the win," a relieved Federer said in a courtside interview.dddddddddddd"I probably miss more break points than other guys but I keep my composure and keep the poker face and tonight it worked." The 32-year-old Federer is now 10-11 lifetime against Murray, including 2-1 at the Aussie. A rusty Murray returned to action just a few weeks ago after being sidelined for 3 1/2 months following minor back surgery. Meanwhile, the 2009 Aussie Open champ and 2012 runner-up Nadal dropped the first set to Dimitrov on Day 10, but the 13-time major titlist gritted through a pair of tough tiebreaks over the next two sets before running away with the final set at Melbourne Park. The bout ended in 3 hours, 37 minutes. "I was so lucky," Nadal said. "It gives me the opportunity to be in semifinals of a tournament I love so much." It will be the fourth semifinal appearance at the Aussie Open for the reigning U.S. and French Open champ. The rising star Dimitrov, who became the first Bulgarian to reach the last eight of a Grand Slam singles event, dropped to 0-4 in his career against Nadal. He smacked 16 aces in a losing effort. The left-handed Nadal improved to 4-0 lifetime against the 22-year-old Dimitrov. Nadal and Federer will meet for a 33rd time on Friday, with the Spaniard leading the all-time series, 22-10, including 8-2 in Grand Slam action. Nadal is 2-0 versus Federer at the Aussie, including a win in the 2009 finale. The high-flying Nadal has won four straight and eight of their last 10 meetings overall. The "Big Four" of Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Federer have combined to win 34 of the last 35 Grand Slam events. The first mens semifinal will be staged on Thursday, when seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych takes on eighth seed Stanislas Wawrinka. Both men will appear in their first-ever Aussie semi. Wawrinka is 8-5 lifetime against the former Wimbledon runner-up Berdych, but the Czech captured their lone Aussie Open meeting in 2009. Wawrinka bested Berdych in the fourth round at the U.S. Open back in September. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen