es has made progress after susta

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 26.10.2019 05:32
von gf1234566 • 170 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed Dan Carpenter to compete with Jay Feely as the teams kicker. Carpenter was released by the Miami Dolphins a week ago. He signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted rookie in 2008 and, coincidentally, took Feelys job away from him there that season. At 37, Feely is 10 years older than Carpenter. "As you get older, you have to prove that you still have it and that you can still do the job and do a great job at it," Feely said before Wednesdays practice. "Thats what Ive been trying to do every day." In Miami, Carpenter lost out to Caleb Sturgis, a fifth-round draft pick. In addition to signing the kicker, the Cardinals released wide receivers Robert Gill and Robby Toma. Carpenter was in uniform but didnt do any kicking in practice on Wednesday. His wife gave birth to the couples first child on Monday. "Its been a little bit of a tornado the last five days or so," he said, "so they didnt want me to hop off a five-hour plane ride and have to come out here and kick." Carpenter said he had a few opportunities but chose Arizona. "It all came down to where I felt like I had the best opportunity to help the team out," he said. Of trying to beat out Feely again, Carpenter said, "Its kind of a little bit deja vu." "Hes a great guy, hes a great competitor, obviously a great kicker," Carpenter said. "Hes been in this league many, many years more than I have. You know, it will be fun." Carpenter made 22 of 27 field goals last season. Feely made 25 of 28. For their careers, Carpenter has made 81.9 per cent of his field goal tries (127 of 155), Feely 82.6 per cent (299 of 362). "Healthy competition only makes us better," coach Bruce Arians said of Carpenters signing. "Weve been consistent that whenever theres the potential to make our football team better were going to explore that opportunity." Asked about losing the job to Carpenter five years ago, Feely said "There was a lot more to it than my percentages and my performances on the field." Then he reeled off a list of what he said were his statistics since he joined the Cardinals. "I think Im third in the NFL in makes over 47 yards the last four years, fifth in percentage, fifth in percentage under 47 yards," Feely said. "So Im happy with how I performed over the last few years of my career and happy with my training camp so far." Since 2007, Feely has made 8 of 9 field goals of 50 yards or longer. Carpenter is 10 of 20 from 50 or farther. In Saturdays 12-7 victory over Dallas, Feely made field goals of 25, 53, 40 and 22 yards but missed one from 30. "The miss was dumb," he said. "It wasnt a technical thing. I should have taken a delay of game and not rushed it." Brandon Ingram Pelicans Jersey . The four-time Grand Slam champion has beaten Hantuchova nine straight times, with the Slovaks only win coming when they first played 10 years ago. "I had a tough first opponent who can play extremely good tennis," Sharapova said. Nikola Mirotic Jersey . Hes recovered from a scary injury and cleared to play. Mingo, who was hospitalized with a bruised lung he sustained in an Aug. https://www.pelicanslockerroom.com/Nicke...Edition-Jersey/. Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Jordan Crawford Pelicans Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner.CLEVELAND -- Trevor Bauer had one bad sequence. Clevelands offence had another bad night. With the days in their season dwindling quickly and the playoffs still within reach, the Indians suffered a bad loss that could haunt them for a while. Bauer gave up four straight two-out hits in Minnesotas four-run fourth inning, and the last-place Twins dented Clevelands playoff hopes with a 4-3 victory on Tuesday. The Indians came in five games out of first in the AL Central, and blew a chance to make up ground in the division or wild-card chase. They are counting on beating the Twins and Houston Astros over the next two weeks, and cant afford many losses and certainly not to any of the leagues weakest teams. "You want to win every game you play, especially because we need to desperately," Indians manager Terry Francona said. The Twins, using a lineup of young players and a rookie starter with a 9.38 ERA, won for just the fourth time in 16 games. Arcias homer off Bauer (5-8) made it 4-2, and the Twins hung on despite doing nothing else against the right-hander. Bauer gave up just the four hits -- all in a row with two outs in the fourth -- over eight innings. He walked one and struck out eight, but it wasnt enough as Clevelands offence went 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position. The Indians havent scored more than three runs in each of their past five games. "They scored enough to win the game," said a dejected Bauer, adding he didnt feel well. "I didnt do my job." Minnesotas bullpen combined for four innings of one-run ball, with Jared Burton, filling in for injured closer Glen Perkins, working the ninth for his second save. Bauer dominated every inning except the fourth. In the first, Bauer walked leadoff hitter Jordan Schafer but then picked him off first. He then retired 10 straight before Joe Mauer dropped a double to left. Kennys Vargas followed with an RBI double and Trevor Plouffes run-scoring single tied it at 2. Vargas slid awkwardly into home and had barely walked down the dugout steps when Arcia unloaded on Bauers first pitch, driving it into the seats in right-centre for his 16th homer. "He had the one four-hitter seequence, where he gave up the bloop double and then with three straight pitches all the damage was done," Francona said.dddddddddddd"They made it hold up." Minnesota rookie Trevor May (2-4) allowed two runs in five innings. The right-hander had to overcome pesky "midges," tiny insects that engulfed him. "It seemed like I got hit in the face by 300 flies," he said. "I came in and my entire neck was covered." Cleveland wasted a couple scoring chances before closing to 4-3 in the eighth on Yan Gomes RBI single, but pinch-hitter Jason Giambi flew out to left to end the threat. The Indians staked Bauer to a 2-0 lead in the second inning against May, who picked up his first major league win last week against the White Sox. Carlos Santana singled and Jason Kipnis, who has struggled all season, doubled before Lonnie Chisenhalls groundout made it 1-0. Kipnis boldly took third on the play and scored on Gomes sacrifice fly. The Indians failed to take advantage of Mays two walks to open the fourth. Cleveland threatened again in the seventh on a pair of two-out singles, but left-hander Brian Duensing retired Michael Brantley on a routine fly. EVEN STEVEN With five games left in their season series, the Twins and Indians are tied 7-7. Cleveland had its four-game winning streak at home over Minnesota stopped. YANIMAL In 11 games since being activated from the concussion list, Gomes is batting .302 (13 of 43) with three doubles, a triple, six RBIs and three runs. TRAINERS ROOM Indians: INF/OF Mike Aviles has made progress after sustaining a concussion last week. He took part in pregame activities, except for hitting. Francona said Aviles, who got hurt when he face-planted trying to make a diving catch in right field, could be playing as early as Thursday. "He looks much better," Francona said. "Hes getting antsy. Hes pushing the trainers and those are all good signs. He was kind of cloudy for a couple days." UP NEXT Clevelands T.J. House (2-3), who held the White Sox to one run in seven innings last week, will start against Minnesotas Kyle Gibson (11-10) on Wednesday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen