Washington was 2 for 15 in the first 8 minutes

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 26.10.2019 05:32
von gf1234566 • 170 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- Patrick Chan opened his short program Friday night with a massive quadruple-triple jump combination that for a moment seemed like a tantalizing preview of Sochi Olympic gold. Then the three-time world champion inexplicably lost his focus. The 23-year-old from Toronto won the mens short program at the Canadian figure skating championships on Friday, but it was far from the flawless program he would have liked less than a month out from the Sochi Olympics. "I just got ahead of myself, did the great quad toe-triple toe and then my mind starts racing: Oh my God its going to be a great program," Chan said. Chan scored 89.12 points, doubling both a planned triple Axel and planned triple Lutz in what was an otherwise elegant program to Rachmaninoffs "Elegy in E-Flat Minor." "I kind of lost my train of thought, I didnt have anything in mind, I just kind of relaxed and thought it was over, rather than staying really pinpoint on to technically what I have to do to do the Axel successfully. And I didnt do that. Same with the Lutz," Chan said. Liam Firus of North Vancouver, B.C., was second with 78.93, while Kevin Reynolds of Coquitlam, B.C., scored 78.29 for third in his first competition of the season. Chan has had his sights set on Sochi Olympic gold almost from the day he finished fifth at the Vancouver Games. "That was the problem today, I was thinking This has to be a great program today for me to have a great Olympics. And if I look back in the history books, Jamie (Sale) and David (Pelletier) didnt have a great nationals before the Salt Lake City Games (where they won gold), so ... "Its just the last piece of the puzzle I need to fit in and get everything working smoothly." Chan was easily the frontrunner for Olympic gold early in the season when he shattered the world records for the short program, long program, and overall score. But he faltered at the Grand Prix Final with a similarly shaky short program to Friday nights, and had to settle for silver behind Japan teenager Yuzuru Hanyu. The Canadian admitted it took a while to shake off the disappointment. "I had a rocky Grand Prix Final and I think thats the source of this, losing my flow, my mojo I guess," Chan said. "Final was really startling ... it was hard to go back home and have that long of a time to think about that. Im glad I had nationals before Olympics to work on that, and get myself out of that mindset." Detroit Tigers Pro Shop .Y. -- Major League Soccer has agreed to new measures to protect gay players from discrimination and harassment as a result of meetings with New Yorks attorney general. Wholesale Tigers Jerseys . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists. https://www.cheaptigers.com/.The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth. Custom Detroit Tigers Jerseys . According to a report from ESPN, sources said Manuels college coach Jimbo Fisher told teams he didnt think Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter. Stitched Tigers Jerseys . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee.ORLANDO, Fla. -- Back in the playoffs for the first time since 2008, the Washington Wizards arent sure if seeding matters. Washington rallied to beat Orlando 96-86 and move a game ahead of Charlotte for the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference with three games left. If the Wizards hold on to the sixth seed, they will face either Toronto or Chicago in the first round. If they drop to No. 7, its either Indiana or Miami. "I think it matters where we finish, but Ive never been in the playoffs so I dont really know how it goes," said Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who had 16 points against Orlando. "No matter who we get, its going to be a tough series and were going to have to pick it up offensively. I think defensively, were solid, but were going to have to start knocking down more shots." The Wizards were just 2 for 19 on 3-pointers and Beal made both of those. The bulk of their offence came right around the rim where Nene had 17 points, Trevor Booker 14 and Marcin Gortat 10. Point guard John Wall created most of those opportunities, handing out 12 assists to go with 10 points. "We didnt make shots, but defensively, we won the game," Washington coach Randy Wittman said. "We never did shoot the ball particularly well, but we never lost the edge defensively." Orlando will not be in the playoffs this season, but had hoped to build some positive momentum for next season after winning its last two games. Instead, the Magic resorted to season-long problems executing their offence in the fourth quarter of close games. The Magic were 4 for 15 (26.7 per cent) from the field in the final period and committed five turnovers. Arron Afflalo, who led the Magic with 19 points, had the teams only field goal in the final six minutes. "You cant just be helter-skelter out there," Afflalo said. "Weve got to be decisive about what you want to accomplish. That comes with maturity and growth." "In the first half, we moved the ball a lot and were making plays," added Tobias Harris, who scored 10 points. "We got away from that in the second half and didnt get any defensive stops." JJameer Nelson had 12 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds for Orlando and Kyle OQuinn added 13 points and nine rebounds.dddddddddddd. Struggling from the perimeter nearly the entire game, Washington kept its focus in the paint in the fourth quarter. Leading 83-82 with just over four minutes to play, the Wizards scored nine straight points on two dunks, two layups and a free throw to push the lead to 10 points. Afflalo ended the Magics scoring drought with a 3-pointer, but that was the only field goal Orlando could muster in the final 6 minutes. The Wizards held Orlando to just 37 per cent shooting in the second half and forced 13 turnovers. That helped make up for Washington shooting just 42.7 per cent in the game. Washington erased a six-point halftime deficit when Orlando committed six turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Booker had eight points as the Wizards grabbed a 60-57 lead on Walls 18-foot jumper with 6:42 left in the third quarter. Nelson, part of Orlandos ballhandling troubles, got control of the Magic offence and helped rally his team to 70-67 lead by the end of the quarter. The Magic took advantage of the Wizards horrendous shooting to jump out to a 29-17 advantage at the end of the first quarter. Washington was 2 for 15 in the first 8 minutes of the game, most of them wayward perimeter shots early in the shot clock. Afflalo had 14 points and OQuinn and Doron Lamb eight each as Orlando had an easy time with the listless Wizards for much of the first half. Washington moved its offensive focus inside in the second period and the result was a run of layups and free throws that cut the deficit to 51-45 by halftime. Washington was 15 of 20 from the free throw line, helping offset a 14-for-40 shooting half from the field. NOTES: Washington swept Orlando for the first time since the Magics expansion season in 1989-90. ... The Magic got another surprising shooting display from a reserve guard. Doron Lamb was 3 for 4 on 3s and scored 11 points. Last game, ETwaun Moore was 5 for 5 from beyond the arc and scored 17 points. ... Wizards G Andre Miller fouled out in just 10 minutes. He didnt score. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen