breaking into a jog at one point. He w

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 09.10.2019 07:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 565 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Although Jason Collins played only 10 1/2 minutes in his first game with the Brooklyn Nets, his groundbreaking appearance meant the world to an entire segment of fans. Collins became the first openly gay player in the four major U.S. professional sports leagues, and Deron Williams had a season-high 30 points along with seven assists in a 108-102 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night. "I know that I can play in the NBA and it felt good to be out there tonight," Collins said. "Conditioning-wise, I felt good. I dont think I got tired. It was a lot of fun to get back out on the court and set screens, hard fouls. Didnt take any charges tonight — thatll change. Ill get in position next time. As far as basketball timing, its going to take at least a couple of practices." Collins signed a 10-day contract Sunday, nearly 10 months after his announcement on April 29 in Sports Illustrated. He had two rebounds and five fouls and didnt score. "Hes a basketball player. Hes been doing this for a long time, so that didnt change," Williams said. "Maybe outside perception did, but inside this locker room it wasnt a big deal or a distraction. It was just another game for us. But he played huge for us. He made big plays on defence and was instrumental in this win tonight. I know hes been sitting around waiting for a job, and were excited about having Jason." The 12-year veteran spent his first six-plus NBA seasons with the Nets and helped them get to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. This was the 35-year-old centres first NBA game since April 17, 2013, with the Washington Wizards. "In the society we live in, you know this was going to happen eventually," teammate Paul Pierce said. "He is a guy whos going to be able to open the door for so many athletes — not only in America but around the world — to feel comfortable to come out and not feel embarrassed and feel like theyre welcomed in the sports world. It isnt about race, gender or sexuality. Its about being a part of a team and caring for one another. Thats all that matters at the end of the day." Pierce had 25 points and seven rebounds, helping end an 11-game Nets losing streak against the Lakers. Pau Gasol had 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Lakers, who never led and lost for the 24th time in 30 games with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Xavier Henry all sidelined by injuries. Brooklyn played without Kevin Garnett, who was rested following Saturday nights 93-86 loss at Golden State. Shaun Livingston also didnt play because of a bruised tailbone that occurred in the first half against the Warriors. Marcus Thornton, who joined the club following Wednesdays trade that sent Reggie Evans and Jason Terry to Sacramento, has yet to see action for the Nets because of food poisoning. Nick Young played for the first time since Feb. 5, scoring 10 points in 19 minutes for the Lakers after missing six games with a fracture in his left knee. Nets general manager Billy King, in need of a post player after losing centre Brook Lopez for the season on Dec. 20 with a broken right foot — and failing to acquire another one before last Thursdays trading deadline — took a chance on the 7-foot, 255-pound Collins. Collins also has played for Memphis, Minnesota, Atlanta and Boston, where he was a teammate of Pierce and Garnett last season. Sunday was a homecoming, as he was born in Northridge, Calif., and played his high school ball at Harvard-Westlake School in North Hollywood. Collins new coach is an old Nets teammate — Jason Kidd. "Its just another step in the right direction. I think its the advancements weve made as people and will continue to make advancements," Lakers point guard Kendall Marshall said. "As far as Im concerned, when I see him, I see him as a great defender — a guy that protects the paint and finishes around the rim. Thats all I see when Im out there. They needed help inside, and hes definitely going to be somebody who can help them with that." Collins scheduled pregame press conference was delayed about 15-20 minutes while he was still getting his physical. He reported into the game with 10:28 left in the second quarter and the Nets leading 35-26 after the Lakers Nick Young made the first of his two free throws. The sellout crowd welcomed Collins with a nice ovation when public address announcer Lawrence Tanter announced his name, and he spent 4 minutes and 15 seconds on the court during his first stint while the Nets increased their lead to 16 points. "It was very inspiring, how he just came in and was ready. He did the same thing for us last year with Boston," Pierce said. "You expect nothing but professionalism from Jason. Hes much needed around here with the lack of big men we have, especially with Kevin playing limited games in back-to-back moments. Jasons going to be big for us." Kirilenko made his first start of the season in Livingstons place and had 10 points and 10 rebounds in 35 minutes. Rookie Mason Plumlee made his second NBA start in Garnetts spot, and the Nets didnt miss a beat — using 14 points by Pierce to build a 31-12 lead with 3:35 left in the first quarter. NOTES: Bad timing Dept.: ESPN had this game on its original schedule, but dropped it a few weeks ago because of the Lakers dismal record and Bryants injury. As a result, the network settled for the Houston-Phoenix game instead. ... The Lakers hosted the Nets for the first time since Nov. 20, 2012, the night Mike DAntoni coached his first game with Los Angeles. DAntonis teams are 21-8 against the Nets, including a 9-5 mark during his three-plus seasons with the Knicks. Adidas NMD Korting . According to a report from CSN Bay Area, the 49ers are bracing for 6-8 game suspension for their outside linebacker. Adidas Futurecraft 4d Nederland . Salah, who scored against Chelsea in two Champions League group matches this season, is Jose Mourinhos third significant recruit in the January transfer window after Nemanja Matic and Bertrand Traore. http://www.nmdtekoop.com/nmd-r2-sneakers.html. "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Adidas Superstar Heren Goedkoop . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. Adidas Stan Smith Heren Sale . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors.MANCHESTER, England -- Robin van Persie ushered Manchester United into the Champions League quarterfinals -- and potentially saved his managers job -- with a hat trick in a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos that completed one of the competitions greatest comebacks on Wednesday. On one of the memorable European nights at Old Trafford, Van Persie scored three times in a 27-minute span either side of halftime to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the first leg. A slew of brilliant saves by David de Gea were also key to a famous win for the English champions -- and a vital one for their manager, David Moyes. Moyes position had come under intense scrutiny after Uniteds humiliating 3-0 loss to fierce rival Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday, the latest in a string of dreadful results in his first season in charge. An early exit in Europe could have stretched the patience of fans and Uniteds hierarchy beyond breaking point -- but Moyes is left hoping this can be a watershed moment in his United career. "I dont want to come out here and say this is the moment," Moyes said, "but at the same time, I really hope it is." A nerve-shredding night ended with Olympiakos captain Giannis Maniatis on his knees and in floods of tears, and Moyes saluting home fans and wearing the broadest grin. The under-fire United manager was saved by the goal-scoring qualities of Van Persie, who converted a penalty in the 25th minute, side-footed home his second goal in first-half injury time and curled in a free kick in the 52nd. And he also had words of praise for Ryan Giggs, who at the age of 40 delivered a tireless performance in midfield. Giggs lasted the full match, despite having played only 81 minutes since Jan. 7, and played a crucial role in Van Persies first two goals. "His all-round play was very good," Moyes said. "He defies his age." Van Persie was carried off on a stretcher in the final minutes after hurting his leg in a challenge but Moyes said he didnt think it was a serious injury. Olympiakos slumped to its 12th straight away defeat in England and missed out on securing a place in the last eight for the first time since 1999. The Greek champions had their chances -- some of De Geas saves were breathtaking -- but defensively they were chaotic and they became only tthe sixth team to squander a two-goal lead from the first leg of a Champions League match.dddddddddddd "We were unlucky," Olympiakos midfielder David Fuster said, "and were pretty upset about it." In Wednesdays other last-16 match, Borussia Dortmund advanced 5-4 on aggregate despite losing the second leg 2-1 at home to Zenit St. Petersburg. The draw for the quarterfinals is held on Friday. "We probably now will go into it as underdogs," Moyes said. "If we play to our capabilities, which we have not done too often, then I think we will be a match for any team." Moyes insisted on the eve of the biggest game of his reign that his position was not under threat, saying Uniteds vision was "long term," the board was still supportive and stressing that he was in a six-year contract. Fans appeared to be starting to waver, although the banner reading "The Chosen One" -- a nickname given to Moyes after he was hand-picked for the job by predecessor Alex Ferguson -- remained hung up high in the Stretford End as Olympiakos kicked off. Initially, United was gripped by panic -- misplacing passes, diving into tackles and showing no shape defensively -- but the nerves were settled by Van Persies penalty. The Netherlands striker tumbled after being barged in the back by Jose Holebas after bringing down a cross-field pass from Giggs, and he got up to convert his penalty unerringly. Giggs was the architect of the second goal, too, floating another pass to Wayne Rooney, who crossed for Van Persie to caress his finish under goalkeeper Robertos dive. The aggregate score was now 2-2 and Moyes greeted the goal with repeated fist-pumps and marched back to the dressing rooms, breaking into a jog at one point. He was celebrating again within six minutes of the second half when Van Persie curled home a free kick from just outside the area, with Roberto earning the wrath of his defenders for not trusting his wall and vacating the area near where the ball crossed the line. With Olympiakos attacking relentlessly in the final 25 minutes, the final whistle was met with relief as much as joy by home fans. Languishing in seventh place in the Premier League, the Champions League remains a potential source of silverware for United this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen