Ilderton, Ont., trailed the

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 03.12.2019 02:30
von jinshuiqian0713 • 565 Beiträge

BOSTON - Max Scherzer is hard to faze. Detroits right-hander wasnt bothered by a 47-minute rain delay in the fourth inning Friday night and wasnt flustered when the game restarted 10 minutes earlier than anticipated. And as for the defending World Series champions? They hardly troubled him at all. Scherzer tossed six shutout innings, outdueling Boston ace Jon Lester and leading the Tigers to a 1-0 win over the Red Sox in the opener of a three-game series. "The rain delay had no effect on me," said Scherzer, who won his sixth straight start and lowered his league-leading ERA to 1.83. "When I went back out there for the fourth, it was the same." So was his stuff. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner allowed just three hits over six-plus innings before being removed after a leadoff single by Mike Carp in the seventh. "This might have been the best his stuff has been all year," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Scherzer (6-1) disagreed, citing a below-average changeup and his four walks, one of which was intentional. "Its always going to drive me crazy when Im not throwing first-pitch strikes and when Im walking guys," said Scherzer, who struck out seven. "Even though I wasnt able to do that tonight, when runners were on base I was still able to make big-time pitches." Joba Chamberlain retired the side in the eighth and closer Joe Nathan pitched a perfect ninth for his 11th save of the season. Torii Hunter delivered an RBI single in the first inning for the Tigers, playing their first game against the Red Sox since losing last years American League Championship Series in six games. Times have changed. Detroit has baseballs best record at 25-12, winning 13 of its last 16 games and nine in a row on the road. Scherzer is a major reason why. He faced the minimum through three innings before rain halted play with one out in the top of the fourth. While it definitely put a damper on the marquee matchup of aces, the delay barely slowed Scherzer, who stayed warm by throwing in the cages and was ready to go when the game restarted ahead of schedule. "For me, once I was able to get loose, I felt the same," he said. Had the delay lasted longer, Scherzers night may have prematurely come to an end. "Right around an hour would have been too much," Ausmus said. "Theres a little bit of a grey area on either side of that, but if it had gone much longer, he probably would have been done." Following the delay, David Ortiz recorded Bostons first hit with a two-out single in the fourth, but was left on base when Scherzer fanned Carp. David Ross singled to begin the sixth but was stranded on third when Scherzer struck out Napoli. "I didnt pitch my best, but when runners were on base and I needed to make big pitches, I made big pitches," Scherzer said. "Thats the difference in the game." Lester (4-5) exited the game after five innings and 94 pitches. He gave up just one run on four hits with seven strikeouts and three walks. "With the rain delay, we were in that situation nearly an hour and werent going to push Jon more than the five innings tonight," Boston manager John Farrell said. "But to think one run in the first inning was going to be the difference, probably didnt anticipate that." Lester laboured through a 27-pitch first inning, highlighted by Hunters run-scoring single that plated Ian Kinsler, who singled. "I actually felt better coming out of the rain delay then I did coming into the game," Lester said. "I felt like I threw the ball a lot better the last two innings than I did the first three. I felt like I could have gone one more, but it wasnt my decision." NOTES: Lester and Scherzer had faced off just once before, on Sept. 3, 2013, in a 2-1 Boston victory. Lester earned the win, allowing one run in seven innings with nine strikeouts and no walks. Scherzer yielded two runs over seven innings. ... Cabrera entered the game batting .522 (12 for23) with one homer in his career against Lester. He went 0 for 2 with a walk Friday. ... Ortizs fifth-inning single extended his season-long hitting streak to nine games. ... Detroit reliever Evan Reed was called for a balk in the seventh. Zapatillas Nike España . It was the quickest three-goal sequence in Olympic history, with the latter two coming just eight seconds apart. Kessel, Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne all scored twice for the Americans, and Molly Schaus made 10 saves in her Sochi debut. Zapatillas Yeezy Spain . Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor. https://www.zapatillasbaratasspain.es/. Ferguson told Uniteds in-house TV channel on Saturday that he has no immediate plans to walk away from the game, and that he still hungers for more trophies even after 25 years in charge of the club. Air Jordan Baratas .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No. Zapatillas Mujer Baratas .Morse gets a $1 million signing bonus and salaries of $7 million next season and $8 million in 2016 under the agreement announced Wednesday.SOCHI, Russia -- Canadian ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will have to settle for a silver medal at the Sochi Olympics. The defending champions skated a flawless free dance but were edged by American rivals Charlie White and Meryl Davis. The Canadians finished with 190.99 points after collecting 114.66 in Mondays free dance. White and Davis finished first with 195.52 points, including 116.63 in the free dance, to become the first American champions ever in the event. Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir, from Ilderton, Ont., trailed the Americans by 2.56 points after Sundays short dance. Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov of Russia took bronze with 183..dddddddddddd8. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., finished seventh with 169.11 while Alexandra Paul of Midhurst, Ont., and Mitchell Islam of Barrie, Ont., were 18th with 138.70. Virtue and Moir -- two-time world champions --train with Davis and White in Canton, Mich., and share a coach in Russian Marina Zoueva. Between them, the two North American teams have captured every international ice dance title since Virtue and Moir won Olympic gold four years ago in Vancouver. The results have swung in the Americans favour over the last year, however, with Davis and White winning the 2013 world title and the Grand Prix Final in December. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen