went to the umpire and said

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 03.12.2019 02:15
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Jonas Gustavsson appears to finally be over his injury woes. The backup goaltender was hobbled by groin injuries for much of the lockout shortened campaign last year, after being signed by the Red Wings as a free agent. And when this season began Gustavsson again found himself on injured reserve with another groin pull. But he has been outstanding in two consecutive wins in two days. The latest was Tuesday nights 2-1 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets, in which Gustavsson made 36 saves. "I felt good. We had a game yesterday, so back-to-back, and that was the first couple of games that I played so that was different," Gustavsson said. "Its just a matter of preparing yourself and be ready to go out and have a good first period because thats usually the key in these kind of games." Gustavsson is in the lineup due to No. 1 goalie Jimmy Howards sore hand. Gustavsson backstopped Detroit to a 3-2 win in Boston on Monday afternoon. His biggest save on Tuesday night was a spectacular stop on Columbus defenceman Jack Johnson, sliding across the crease to smother a backhand shot from the right circle with 5:20 left to preserve the Red Wings lead. "I dont know if I couldnt get a good push or if I got caught with one of our or their guys, but I had to do something to get some part of my body over there," Gustavsson said. "Lucky enough that was enough." Red Wings coach Mike Babcock talked about Guistavsson. "Really good for him, first and foremost, and then really good for us. If he can get his confidence back, the reason we signed him was we thought he could really help us," Babcock said. "Tonight and last night, going back to back, will go a long way to doing it. You got to stay healthy and feel good about yourself. In this league you got to earn it and hes done that the last couple nights." Daniel Alfredsson scored his first goal as a Red Wing and Todd Bertuzzi got the game winner. Henrik Zetterberg had two assists. Cam Atkinson scored for Columbus and Sergei Bobrobsky made 30 saves. "I thought we deserved a better fate," Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards said. "I thought the guys worked real hard and I saw a lot of good things." Bertuzzis power-play goal gave the Red Wings a 2-1 with 8:46 left in the middle period. He scored from just outside the crease for his second goal. Atkinson put the Blue Jackets on the board and tied the game 7:48 into the second period with an unassisted power-play goal. It was a spectacular individual effort as Atkinson carried the puck the length of the ice, bulled past Detroit defenceman Dan DeKeyser, got off one shot and then jammed the rebound past Gustavsson. It was Atkinsons second goal. "I just used my speed to my benefit and kind of just went with it," Atkinson said. Alfredsson gave the Red Wings a 1-0 lead 5:05 into the game when he blasted a slap shot past Bobrovsky from the left circle. Detroit led 1-0 after the first period, despite being outshot 18-7. Notes: Petr Mrazek was recalled from Grand Rapids of the AHL earlier in the day to back up Gustavsson. .. .Columbus D James Wisniewski is a native of the Detroit-area suburb Canton and played his junior hockey with the suburban-Detroit based Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League. .. Blue Jackets D Johnson is from Ann Arbor and played at the University of Michigan. .. The start of the game was pushed back 30 minutes to 8 p.m. because of the Detroit Tigers American League Championship Series game against the Boston Red Sox, which began at 4 p.m. at Comerica Park. .. Blue Jackets RW Jared Boll also played with the OHLs Plymouth Whalers. .. Detroit sent C Darren Helm to Grand Rapids on a conditioning stint. He hasnt played this season and played only one game last season due to a sore back. . Columbus C Matt Calvert underwent abdominal surgery and is out for six weeks. Wholesale Nike Air Max From China . Its the second straight year he has decided not to play as he cuts back his schedule. Stricker was replaced in the field by Ryo Ishikawa of Japan. Discount Nike Air Max Wholesale . -- Washington Capitals forward Brooks Laich is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after having an operation on a groin muscle. https://www.wholesalenikeairmaxshoes.com/cheap-air-max-270/. -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. Nike Air Max Sale . The Rays hope to stay alive for the postseason and salvage the finale of this series Sunday at Rogers Centre, where they dropped a 7-2 decision Saturday. Chris Archer lasted 2 1/3 innings in the no-decision, charged with a run and five hits, and Alex Torres suffered the loss in relief. MILWAUKEE -- The end of a seven-game losing streak lifted the spirits of the Milwaukee Brewers. An 11-2 win Sunday over the St. Louis Cardinals gave manager Ron Roenickes team a one-game lead in the NL Central at the All-Star break. A team that has also had to cope with the death of shortstop Jean Seguras 9-month-old son now gets a breather for a few days. With Segura home on bereavement leave, Elian Herrera had a career-best five hits a day after being called up from the minors to take Seguras roster spot. The offence tied a season high with 19 hits to back a strong seven-inning outing by starter Wily Peralta. "Somebody had to step up. ... Thats huge for us, for everybody. It lets us go into the break like that and still in first place," said Peralta (10-6), who allowed three hits and struck out five before departing after seven innings because of a minor leg cramp. Like Segura, Peralta is from the Dominican Republic. The pitcher was heading home for the break, and he was planning to text Roenicke to let him know how Segura was doing. The morning started with the Brewers organization holding its annual Family Day outing, when players and coaches can bring their children to the ballpark. Players were smiling alongside their sons and daughters on a sunny afternoon, and Roenicke hoped the day would create a diversion from the teams roughest patch of the season. All-Star catcher Jonathan Lucroy said he thought the family time possibly helped the squad. "But it doesnt matter if youre winning or losing whenever youre with your family," Lucroy said. "It is a business and it is a job we have to perform, but ultimately the goal is to provide for our family, and family is most important." Peralta allowed just three singles and gave up his only run after Kolten Wong reached first on a passed ball despite striking out. Wong eventually scored on Matt Adams groundout. Peralta got a defensive boost with a runner on base in the fifth when left fielder Khris Davis made an over-the-shoulder catch on Jon Jays fly to the warning track with a man on first. "I had to step in like an extra gear ... justt kind of a lucky play," Davis said.dddddddddddd "A big play with the runner on first, hes probably going to score." Davis hit his team-high 15th homer in the bottom of the fifth for a 5-1 lead. For the Cardinals, a frustrated Carlos Martinez (2-4) allowed four runs in four innings. Making his seventh career start, Martinez gave up three walks and a balk while also hitting Carlos Gomez with a pitch in the fourth. Gomez then scored on Scooter Gennetts two-out, two-run double down the left-field line for a 4-1 lead. Martinez flicked his head back in frustration as he watched the ball take a tricky carom off the side wall on outfielder Matt Holliday. An inning earlier, Martinez tossed his bat behind his back in the direction of home plate after grounding out, leading umpire Jeff Nelson to raise his arms and stare at the 22-year-old pitcher for a few seconds. "I tried to throw the bat to the ground. I dont know if it was emotion," Martinez said through an interpreter. "I went to the umpire and said I was sorry. It was just frustration." Manager Mike Matheny said Martinez was having a tough time "finding anything." "Hes trying to harness his emotions a little bit, which will harness his control," Matheny said. "It was a rough day for him. Its one of those learning points." Milwaukee added three runs off the Cardinals bullpen to stretch the lead to 8-1 in a sixth-inning burst started by Herreras double. The Brewers are in first place at the All-Star break for just the fourth time in franchise history. NOTES: Matheny said ace Adam Wainwright could pitch in Tuesdays All-Star game despite going seven innings in Saturdays win over Milwaukee. Tuesday would be scheduled to throw in between starts. Matheny will manage the National League. ... Gennett tied a career high with three hits. ... Matheny said he wasnt sure yet how he would set up the Cardinals rotation after the All-Star break. St. Louis hosts the Dodgers on Friday. ... Milwaukee doesnt plan to make any changes in its rotation, meaning Kyle Lohse (9-4) would get the start Friday in Washington. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen