against Tim Federowicz

in Los lobos del fuego eternos 25.11.2019 02:03
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

GENEVA -- Tour de France champion Chris Froome wants an investigation into cyclings doping history to finally close an era dominated by Lance Armstrong. Almost 18 months after Armstrongs seven Tour wins were wiped from the record, an independent panel created by the new International Cycling Union leadership has begun work to discover the extent of the sports past problems. "I hope that anyone who does have anything to contribute would get involved." Froome told The Associated Press in an interview on Tuesday. The three-man Cycling Independent Reform Commission aims to investigate how doping happened from 1998-2013 and possible UCI complicity in helping Armstrong and his teams avoid scrutiny. "I am hoping that at the end of the day people will be able to say of it, Right, that was that era, we can now put that to bed and stop asking questions about it," Froome said. Armstrong and former UCI presidents Hein Verbruggen and Pat McQuaid will be invited for confidential, closed-door interviews with the panel which is based at Lausanne, Switzerland. None of the trio has committed publicly to meeting with the panel, which is chaired by Swiss politician and prosecutor Dick Marty. Froome said the panel could engage "not just necessarily those three, but anyone really who is part of that era and can contribute to resolving it." "Its going to be more negative publicity for the sport. Thats never good," Froome acknowledged. The Team Sky leader, who made a winning return to racing last month at the Tour of Oman, said he had not heard much talk about the commission among current riders, who must help restore the sports credibility. "Theres a lot of really, really talented young riders coming through the system now that I believe in personally." Froome said. "These are going to be the guys carrying the torch going forward." Froome will be 29 when he is scheduled to start defending his Tour title on July 5 in northern England -- probably with 2012 winner Bradley Wiggins alongside him. "Im confident whoever is in there, we are going to have the strongest team possible," said Froome, whose frayed relationship with Wiggins was mended in the off-season. "He can do a lot of damage to the peloton. Hes one of the best climbers in the world and we know his time trialing ability." Froome expects to follow the path both he and Wiggins followed to Tour success, competing in -- and winning -- stage-race preparations at the Tour de Romandie in Switzerland and Criterium de Dauphine in France. "I think it would be crazy to really change things up too much," Froome said. "We found it has been a good system that has worked quite well for us." Speaking at the Geneva Motor Show, on the sidelines of a Team Sky sponsors event, Froome said extra work being a Tour champion was "a bit of a juggling act" with his training program. Still, the Oman victory suggests he got the balance right. "It just backs up that I have had a really good winter preparation," Froome said. "Im where I need to be for the season coming up." Air Max 97 Off White France . It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. Air Max 97 Off White Pas Cher . Orlando is to begin play in the MLS for the 2015 season. Kaka, who currently plays with AC Milan, is expected to be loaned out to his home club Sao Paulo for the upcoming season before joining Orlando for next season. http://www.outletairmaxpascher.fr/fausse...-femme.html.com) - On the bright side, either the Minnesota Wild or Buffalo Sabres will end their losing streak on Thursday night. Air Max 97 Off White France . The football club recently announced an increase in season ticket prices in five of the seven categories at Investors Group Field for 2014. While most increases are in the two to three per cent range, the clubs most affordable season tickets will jump from $199 to $250 — a 26 per cent leap. Air Max Tn Pas Cher Chine . -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. LOS ANGELES -- Yasiel Puig made it a very enjoyable 53rd birthday for Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. Puig hit a three-run homer and threw out a runner at second base, leading Los Angeles over the Arizona Diamondbacks 4-1 Sunday. Puig connected with two outs following an intentional walk. He flipped his bat after capping a four-run sixth inning against Josh Collmenter (0-2). "Obviously it was a big hit by Yasiel," Mattingly said. "I was hoping it would get up. I knew it was going to get us another run, so it was a good feeling right away." The Diamondbacks walked Adrian Gonzalez with two outs to pitch to Puig. "Its definitely not an easy choice," Arizona catcher Miguel Montero said. "Theyve got a good lineup from top to bottom, so you have to think about who you have to pitch around because theyre all pretty good hitters." "I thought it was a good pitch that we made on Puig, but he just put a good swing on it. We wanted to come inside on him," he said. Puig hit a liner over the fence in left-centre. He hit 19 homers last season as a rookie after coming up to the Dodgers in June. Dodgers starter Josh Beckett pitched five innings of one-hit ball, striking out seven and walking two. Beckett and some of his teammates have been getting intravenous fluids because of a flu bug thats been going around the clubhouse. He wound up with his third no-decision in three starts, with none of them going past the fifth inning. The three-time All-Star righty remained winless since Sept. 30, 2012, when he beat Colorado at Dodger Stadium. Beckett was 0-5 with a 5.19 ERA in eight starts last season before sitting out the final five months because of a groin strain and a subsequent bout with thoracic outlet syndrome, a nerve condition that required him to undergo surgery in July. "It would have been nice to go a little deeper, especially with how much the bullpens been used. But I felt like it was probably in the besst interest of the team to not keep going," Beckett said.dddddddddddd "I felt like Ive done a decent job in my last couple of outings, but I think theres still room for improvement," he said. Jamey Wright (1-0) got three outs for his 93rd career victory, spread over 19 big league seasons and 10 different clubs. Kenley Jansen struck out the side in the ninth for his seventh save and fifth against the Diamondbacks. Chris Perez relieved Wright in the seventh with two on and none out. He retired his first batter, then gave up an RBI double by Eric Chavez. Beckett threw 83 pitches and allowed only a leadoff single to right field in the second by Miguel Montero. But Montero tried to stretch it into a double and was thrown out by Puig. "Obviously, Im not the fastest guy in the world, but he had to make a perfect throw," Montero said. "I could have done a better job going around first base, but I took too wide a turn and lost a couple of steps." The Dodgers broke through in the sixth after Dee Gordon singled and Carl Crawford had a hit-and-run triple into the right field corner. It was Crawfords first triple of the season and 118th of his career, the most among active players. NOTES: For the second time in this series, Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt was awarded first base on catchers interference against Tim Federowicz. ... Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 15 games with a second-inning double. ... The Diamondbacks upcoming four-game series at Chicago will give pitching coach and former Cub Mike Harkey the opportunity to be at Wrigley Field on Wednesday when the ballparks 100th anniversary is celebrated. Harkey was the fourth overall pick by the Cubs in the 1987 draft and made his first 71 big league starts for them. ... Arizonas catchers are a combined 1 for 20 throwing out opposing basestealers. ... Chavez struck out both times he faced Beckett, and is 4 for 23 lifetime against him with eight Ks. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen