let in four goals on 28 shots

in Paare 20.11.2019 04:48
von Cl11234566 • 345 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Bermane Stiverne completed his long journey to a heavyweight title with one more punishing victory. Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko. Stiverne (24-1-1, 21 KOs), who was born in Haiti but grew up in Montreal, dropped Arreola twice in the sixth, and he was punishing Arreola again when referee Jack Reiss stopped the fight with 58 seconds left in the round. The Klitschko brothers had held every major heavyweight title for the past six years. Vitalis retirement into Ukrainian politics in December opened the WBC belt for the 35-year-old Stiverne, a late bloomer who hasnt lost in 13 consecutive fights. After beating Arreola by decision last year, Stiverne hadnt fought in nearly 13 months while waiting for Klitschkos decision to retire. The wait was worth it. "I studied and studied," Stiverne said. "I watched my opponent. I knew I could knock him out. ... I was patient. The plan was to let him get comfortable, and he soon as he gets real comfortable, then crack him. And thats what I did." Stiverne dropped Arreola (36-4) for the first time with a sweeping right hand to Arreolas left temple, sending Arreola wobbling and crashing to the canvas. Arreola rose and kept fighting, but Stiverne put him headfirst into the ropes moments later with another combination. After Reiss stopped the fight, Stiverne wept with the WBCs green belt around his shoulder while promoter Don King celebrated at the Galen Center on USCs downtown campus. "I knew it was a wrap," Stiverne said. "The way I trained, I knew I could knock him out because Ive got the power." Stiverne won a lop-sided decision over Arreola last April, breaking Arreolas nose in the third round. Arreola, who acknowledged training poorly for that fight, felt he lost the rematch when he got hit by the same punch that finished the first fight. "He has a tremendous right hand, thats exactly what it was," Arreola said. "I felt like I was winning the fight. He just got me with the same right hand. Couldnt get away from it, and after that, its all she wrote." The well-travelled Stiverne, who fought for Canada as an amateur boxer and trained in Florida earlier in his pro career, worked out of Floyd Mayweathers gym in Las Vegas for this bout. He is the first heavyweight champion of Haitian descent and the first champ not named Klitschko since Samuel Peter, who was stopped by Vitali Klitschko in 2008. Wladimir Klitschko, who holds the other three major heavyweight titles, is eager to claim all four belts by fighting the winner. But before that lucrative bout, Stiverne must fight unbeaten Deontay Wilder, the U.S. Olympic bronze medallist and the WBCs mandatory challenger. "With all due respect, I dont give a damn about Wilder or Klitschko right now," Stiverne said. "Right now, its about what I won." Arreola has lost both of his shots at the WBC heavyweight title, getting pounded by Vitali Klitschko in 2009 just up the street at Staples Center. The Los Angeles-area native was attempting to become the first heavyweight champion of Mexican descent. "I could have got back up plenty of times," Arreola said. "Was the fight stopped a little early? I believe so. But then again, the referee is there to protect me from myself. But I felt like I was winning the fight." Both fighters took advantage of the small 17-by-17-foot ring at the Galen Center, which was hosting its first boxing card. Stiverne landed the biggest shots in the opening round, but Arreola dominated the second and third rounds with a withering series of combinations, trapping Stiverne against the ropes. Stiverne laughed off the punishment and allowed Arreola to keep moving forward, content to counterpunch. "I wasnt hurt," Stiverne said. "He actually punched me, my mouth was open, and he busted my lip. I was trying to find out if there was food or something in my teeth, but it was my lip. He didnt hurt me in the head." Stiverne hasnt lost since July 2007, when he was stopped by Demetrice King. He fought to a majority draw with Charles Davis in 2009, but has stopped five of his last seven opponents. Fausse Tn Pas Cher . The Brazilian international goalkeeper was beaten twice in the first 12 minutes of his Reds debut in a 3-1 preseason loss to Columbus Crew in Florida earlier this week. Air Max 97 Noir Femme Pas Cher . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number. http://www.outletairmaxpascher.fr/fausse...-270-femme.html. Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. Acheter Tn Pas Cher . Diego Costa headed in Gabis corner seven minutes from time to secure victory ahead of the return match in Madrid on March 11. "We know that at Madrid it will be another game, which will also be important and very difficult," Milan coach Clarence Seedorf said. Air Max Pas Cher France . Hamels threw seven sharp innings to earn his 100th career victory, Domonic Brown had a career-best five RBIs and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Cincinnati Reds 12-1 on Saturday night to end a four-game losing streak.MONTREAL -- The Boston Bruins just couldnt bury their chances. On a night when Boston was looking close out the series, the Bruins made a hash of numerous opportunities in a 4-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens in Game 6 on Monday night. The Bruins hit posts and crossbars, missed open nets, blew odd-man rushes and couldnt capitalize on key chances throughout the game. Most noteworthy was a frenetic 5:11 sequence of uninterrupted play in the second period during which the Bruins penned Montreal in its own zone for more than two minutes. With the Bruins down 1-0 early in the second period, and their power play expiring, Boston took advantage of tired Habs legs to play keepaway with Montreal in the offensive zone. The Bruins peppered the net with shots, but couldnt take advantage of the unrelenting pressure. "We were all around the net, getting a lot of chances. And then they scored that second one," said Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron. "It definitely took the momentum out of us. Its about finishing the job, and we have to be a lot better." On the sequence, Carl Soderberg took two shots on Carey Price, and had another two blocked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver. Brad Marchand missed the net, Jarome Iginla was stopped by Price and Kevan Miller had a chance blocked by P.K. Subban. The Bruins took a total four shots on net, had three shots blocked and missed the net once. "If we capitalize on a chance there, its a different game," said Milan Lucic, who was also denied by Price on the sequence. "Were not frustrated with what happened here today because we established some pretty good zone time." Price made 26 saves for his fourth career post-season shutout. One of his best of the evening was on Lucic during Bostons dominant spell. Lucic was fed the puck across the crease, but Price made it back in time to rob the left-winger. "Bouncing puck, I overshot it," said Lucic. "It was one of those plays thaat you put in nine out of 10 times.dddddddddddd. Today was that one that you didnt get. You get the same opportunity next game, you have to make sure that you bury it." Minutes later, Max Pacioretty scored his second of the playoffs on a breakaway to double the Canadiens lead. Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask left his net to intercept a stretch pass by Nathan Beaulieu on the play, but changed his mind and retreated back between the posts. The moment of uncertainty was enough for Pacioretty to fire home a shot between Rasks pads. "I kind of hesitated," said Rask, who let in four goals on 28 shots. "I didnt want to get burned. Me and Zdeno (Chara) got caught looking at each other. I thought he was going to dive, and he thought I was going to play it. Just another gift." Thomas Vanek, whos particularly successful against the Bruins with 67 points in 61 career games, added a goal at the end of the second period and another at the end of the third. The Bruins have now failed to clinch a playoff series in Game 6 on the road for the fourth time in five seasons. Game 7 goes Wednesday night in Boston. "Its one game, winner moves on," said Lucic. "You know its not going to be easy. You fought all season-long to get the home ice advantage for situations like this. "Were confident. Weve been a confident group all year long. Weve played well in big games. This is the biggest one so far throughout the year. We have to bring our best when we need it the most. Thats the most important thing." Notes: The Canadiens are now 4-1 at the Bell Centre in these playoffs. Their only home loss was the 1-0 overtime defeat to the Bruins in Game 4. a The Canadiens are 5-3 all-time against the Bruins in the seventh game of a playoff series. a The Bruins made no changes to the lineup that beat Montreal 4-2 in Game 5 on Saturday. a The team that scores first has won every game in this series. The Habs are now 6-0 in the playoffs when scoring first. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Sie heulen nach dir! Top 100 Wolfclans Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste *Hier geht`s zur Rudelliste* Top 100 Wolfsrudel & Co. Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste Hier gehts zur Topliste
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1547 Themen und 1810 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen